Vida en Mexico

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Home Alone...

Well, it's just me and the dog now...I got back yesterday evening from dropping Jody off at Phoenix from where she flew home. We drove up just across the US border on Monday, spent the day shopping and relaxing, and crashed for the night before I dropped her off at the airport Tuesday morning. Our trip wasn't without incident as we had some car trouble driving throug Tucson on the way up to Phoenix. It's the second time this happened but my exhaust system spontaneously came apart just behind the catalytic converter - another casualty of the Mexican speed bumps. Fortunately, we could still drive though with a loud car and by taking it easy over bumps so as not to bottom out. With a set of ear plugs, though, the drive home was as enjoyable as it could be!

Yes, it will be quieter around the house now and I will miss Jody's company. It's hard to believe, though, how time has really flown by. It's been two and a half months out here already. I still really appreciate all the prayers that you have been offering up. They are still needed! Adios for now!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

It sounds like you have had an awesome time so far. We are thinking of you often and praying that you enjoy your time and are blessed with God's presence. God tends to talk lots when we are alone, something I haven't known for years(Konrad began my marathon of togetherness). Anyhow I'm off to Alberta this weekend with the kids for some camping with my Mom's family. Hope you have a great long weekend!

Melanie said...

Ryan! Long time no see! It sounds like you are being challenged and stretched in different ways during your time down south. That's wonderful!

Hope you don't mind that I checked out your blog! Keep safe (and no more speeding tickets, k?).