Vida en Mexico

Friday, July 27, 2007

In trouble with the law...


Well, incase you are wondering what this picture is, if you guessed a speeding ticket, you're right! Coming into San Carlos, on the four lane highway, there's this one particular spot where a cop on a motorcycle likes to setup. If there's ever a cop setup, this is the place that he usually sits and usually I catch him in time. Today, however, I was a bit tired and justing wanting to get home. That stretch of highway, about 5 miles or so, has a posted limit of 60 km/h, which is rather hard to stay under, especially when everyone else whipping by pretty fast. So, needless to say, in my desire to just get home, I never actually saw the cop until Jody pointed him out and by then it was too late. Looking back in my rearview mirror I could see him getting on his bike with his lights on. At that point, I have to confess I was tempted to pull a Jordan Peters (as him about his experience of running from the law if you haven't already heard the story...) and quickly turn down some sideroad to try and get away. In the end, though, I knew I more than deserved this one so I pulled over. He lead me to the police station where I paid the ticket right aways. He caught me doing 89 km/h and the ticket would have costed me $150 but because I paid it right aways, it was half price. Well, hopefully the lesson is learned and that I have no more run-ins with the law down here!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Ryaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I can't believe I found your blog!!! =) That's exciting. Oh yes it is. How are you??????
I really hope you still know me and if you don't ... I'm gonna cry.
So let me know if you're still alive and how you're alive and stuff like that =)

kat from GERMANY