Vida en Mexico

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Some things you just can't get used to...

Well, it's been a little while since the last post and I apologize for that - it seems that life continues as "normal" out here and I haven't come across a lot that is truly post worthy. That's not to say that I'm bored out of my tree here - far from it; but it's all just a part of day to day life as we know it, here in Mexico. As I'm sitting here chewing on a mango (quite possibly one of the best mangoes that I've ever had...) I realize that though many things have become normal, there are still some things that I just can't get used to and here they are:

1) I can't get over how beautiful this place is. Often we grow accustomed to our surroundings and lose sight of the beauty around us but after 3 months, I still get taken in by it out here. I know you have seen some pictures but they tell only a part of the story...

2) I can't get used to how 32 degrees (celsius, of course) feels very comfortable and even refreshing! Yes, you may not be want to hear this as day that get up to 32 are quite possibly a thing of the past up north but it is true. There are many late afternoons (that saw a high of 40) where I bask in the coolness of 32...

3) I can't believe how much water I drink out here seemingly without effort. Indeed, the "required" 2 litres of water would leave you dehydrated out here. The other day, by the time I went to bed, I had downed more than 6 litres of water! Keep in mind that I did a fair bit of work outside during the day and played some soccer later on in the afternoon as well. Yikes!

4) I can't get over how much I sweat. There's been some times when I've wondered if I have a sweating condition or something because it seems to be out of hand. There have been a number of times when the sweat actually is running off my body. Literally, I would not have been any more wet if I had just come out of the shower before drying 1 minute before. I usually don't wear a shirt when I'm at home or else my laundry situation would be even more ridiculous than it already is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.