Vida en Mexico

Friday, September 14, 2007

So What's Happening Next?

Don't worry, this isn't going to be my last post from Mexico but the future has definitely been on my mind lately. I've been asked the question, "So when are you going back" more than once and the date has seemed to somehow be pushed back later and later. Yes, the original plan was to be here until, well, tomorrow, that is, mid September but time has been flying by here and I'm just not ready to leave this place. Opportunities still abound out here and commitments that I have made will keep me here until mid October for sure. Beyond that, we'll see what happens.

Regardless, though, the question of what lies next has been heavy on my heart and mind at times over the past while. It seems to be a question that has been recurring over the past year alone several times but each time God has been faithful. From leaving camp, to taking some time off, to coming down here to Mexico with the Cross Current group in January, to doing some trucking, to finally ending up here for the summer, I never really saw much past the next step that I was supposed to take. But each step I took lead to something else and through it all God was working things out. It's always a whole lot easier to see in hindsight but it does give me courage to take the next step from here, whatever that may be.

I guess for now, though, my next steps include my responsibilities out here, and for that I could use your prayers! I'm preparing to preach next week Sunday (Sept. 23) in the english church. Pray that God would organize my thoughts and show me what He wants me to say. Thanks again for all the prayers that have been offered up!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom Ryan. And Walter says Velma from one of the LTV'ers last weekend says hi to you :) You're still missed, but you hopefully knew that. I'm so glad that God is using you in Mexico, how He has directed you to San Carlos for this time of spiritual growth and new challenges. I pray that you continue to rely on Him for the next step, whenever that may be. He's got awesome things planned for you! Keep being the Ryan we know and love!