Vida en Mexico

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Preaching in Spanish...

Well, I suppose the title might be a little misleading and not entire accurate but yes, I will be preaching again this Sunday in the Spanish Church. No, unfortunately it won't be in Spanish, as any sermon that I would give at this point in Spanish would be, well, relatively short. Mi Español is mejor que cuando primero llegué aquí én México pero todavía tengo mucho más que aprender...My Spanish is better than when I first arrived here in Mexico but I still have much more to learn...(I think...) Anyways, I'll be preaching from the sermon that I had this Sunday in the English church though no doubt a little shorting as I'll be using a translater so any prayers you can offer up would be greatly appreciated!

Other than that, life is a little different this week and will be for next week as well as there is a local group of pastors and church leaders here for a retreat. They arrived Monday and, with the exception of Sunday, will be here until next week Saturday. It's a bit of a change of pace having many people around (mostly who speak Spanish) but the food has been wonderful. Cooking for yourself seems to get more tedious as time goes on and a change of menu is more than welcome. I'm not sure exactly what I ate for lunch but I can tell you that it was delicious!

No comments: