Vida en Mexico

Thursday, September 8, 2011

To all the prayer warriors...

I don't know who was all praying for me yesterday evening but I know that someone was!  You would think I would be used to the process already because it is pretty predicable.  The preparation to preach for yesterday evening was good.  But then came the couple of hours before the actual preaching where I start to go into panic mode, not feeing confident at all in how the sermon came together and more than anything wondering how in the world I'm going to communicate this in Spanish, much less English!

But spending some time in prayer just before I went out the door, I sensed the panic give way to a peace which I knew had to be coming on behalf of the prayers that many of you offered up.  And sure enough as I got up to share I almost forgot to follow the notes that I had written and it just flowed out.  I didn't see too many blank faces out in the audience either, so that is always an encouragement, right??

I guess God felt if fitting that before I preach about the faith we need to "walk on water" as Peter did, He needed to teach me about it.  It seems there is no substitute to learning water-walking faith than actually getting out there and trying it out for yourself!

Anyways, all of the glory goes to Him and the thanks goes to you!

God bless!

No comments: