Vida en Mexico

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hello, my old friend

I'm a little embarrassed to look at the date of the last post here! In my defence, I decided to move away from the blogging idea the past year and just do email updates, but I've realized that emails are so one dimensional! So I'm gonna take up blogging again! Just to give you an idea of whats going on these days, I'm counting down the days, well, almost hours now before I board the plane and head back down to Mexico! I've enjoyed the last two weeks here taking in a beautiful Manitoba summer "looking forward" to returning to plus 40 temperatures with high humidity! The last two weeks have been a huge blessing hanging out with family and friends but it will be good to get back to normal life in Mexico.

Here's a couple of highlights over the past couple of weeks here:



Jody and I, craving some fresh flour tortillas, attempted, key word being attempted to master the art of tortilla making...I think the variety of creative shapes says it all!



Enjoying being outside... wiener roasts, marshmallows, etc...I forgot how wonderful summers in Manitoba really are!



Playing endless hours of cards with the family!



Reattempting to make flour tortillas, this time bring in the expert, Shorty!



You could say that with the expert help we were more than just a little successful!

As I'm heading back to Mexico, things are staying fairly busy at the center with local Mexican groups coming in almost every weekend, using the center as a retreat center. I'm looking forward to being back and will keep you updated here on this blog! So check back regularly for updates and also photos which I'll post to give you more of an idea what this last year look like.

God bless! Dios te bendiga!

1 comment:

Holly said...

cool! i want to make my own flour tortillas now!