Vida en Mexico

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Well, I've escaped the country of Mexico briefly. It's the first time that I've been out of the country since mid July or so when I brought Jody to the Phoenix airport. Can't say that I've missed a whole lot, though - it's the same crazy, materialistic world that I had left behind...It took me a little bit of time, though, to realize that I didn't have to speak Spanish to everyone that I came across in stores or at restaurants.

We've taken a brief trip into the states to do some shopping. We spent the last week or so in a town called Arizpe, about 4 hours northeast of San Carlos up in the Sonora River valley. Being at an elevation of about 5500 feet, the nights got down to about 10 degrees and made me wonder how I was ever going to be able to handle the -30 degree weather that will be awaiting me at Christmas! I can't tell you how cold I actually was!!

The past two weeks have been an incredible blessing, connecting with the groups that have come. The last group was the Cross Current group from WBC. We spent our time in Arizpe doing some digging, painting, as well as ministering through song, drama, testimonies and soccer to the youth in Arizpe and some surrounding villages. It's neat to be a part of their lives for a brief time and to be able to watch God work in their lives and through them.

For the rest of the year things will be a bit slower as we do some work around the house. I'm looking forward to coming home and seeing everyone back there!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Sounds like you are becoming a Mexican! I hope you are loving what you are doing and learning lots. I'm wondering where to send your Christmas card, let me know as soon as possible.