Vida en Mexico

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Two's Company

Well, I made the hot trip in my non-a/c car up to Phoenix on the weekend to pickup Jody. It was a 7 hour trip one-way where I managed to almost burn my left arm. By the end of the trip, because my one arm was usually hanging out the always-open window, my left arm was quite noticably darker than the left one. It sure is good, though, to have company in the house (besides the dog...).

Life continues on out here and the days fill themselves up. We have been hanging out with the boys in the orphanage Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, usually playing soccer in the late afternoon heat in one of the nearby villages. We usually just start with the 6 of us but by the time we're done, the crowd has grown upto over a dozen. Though most of the guys who play are only about 10 or 12, we don't really have to hold anything back when we play them - soccer's in the blood down here!

The water is beautiful and we spent an hour this afternoon floating on the ocean in our cheap $2 Mexican water mattresses until Jody spoted a fair sized blue-bottle jelly fish (who give an intense, painful sting) floating a little too close to her. She didn't need much encouragement after that to head in off the water.

I'm going to be leading worship again this Sunday in the English Church and would greatly appreciate your prayers in that! I've also received an opportunity to preach one of the coming Sundays in the English Church as well and would appreciate your prayers for God's guidance in that. Until later, thanks again for all your prayers!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I'm glad Jody is finally there to keep you sane! I'd love you to post some more pictures of the fun stuff you guys are doing! We'll be praying for you as you lead worship/preach, it sounds like you just entered the roll of senior pastor.