Vida en Mexico

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Comfort zone shattered...again

It's no suprise that spending four months in a different country with a very different culture where English isn't spoken away from family and friends is outside my comfort zone. I had many miles to contemplate what might await me here during my three days of travel out here. And God has answered so many prayers so far from meeting new people, making friends, getting opportunities to serve God and be involved in ministry out here and more. Perhaps I made a mistake, though, when I first arrived by determining not to say no (or even think about saying no) to any opportunities that might come my way.

Well, as can be expected, whenever a promise is made to God, He takes you up on it. It didn't take long to push the edge of the comfort zone. On my second Sunday here I was already leading worship in the English Church. Of course I would have liked to have some more time to get a feel for how things were done here but God's time table always seems to be different than ours. And of course, this wasn't the end. Tuesday I have an opportunity to share my testimony at a local alcholics rehabilitation center (through a translator). But these opportunities are all eclipsed by a chance to preach in the English Church in two weeks. I have to admit that I did take some time to think about it but in the end I knew what I needed to do.

Just when you think that God has pushed the envelope and stretched you far enough, He comes up with a new way to push you even farther. So, needless to say, I would appreciate as much prayer as you can spare! The date is July 1 and you're all welcome to attend!

No comments: