Vida en Mexico

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Off the grid...

After a super busy winter season, I suppose I have fallen off the grid for a bit! It's been a little while since I've let you all know where I'm at or what I'm up to. Actually, I'm writing from just outside of Bozeman, Montana, of all places, watching it drizzling out the window with no sun in sight, surrounded by snow covered mountains... a little different setting than what you would find in San Carlos this time of year, or any time of year for that matter!

I've spent the last two weeks here having come up with Itzel, one of the staff members who will spend the summer here in Bozeman along with Art & Brenda who farm during the summer season, as well as my sister. She spent from February till May down in Mexico with and together we made the drive up here. She later when the rest of the way home to MB. I've taken some time to rest and relax and also tackle the huge project of updating the website with updates, pictures, as well as work on a video highlighting this past year and also some projects that we are looking forward to for the year to come.

It's always rewarding to look back on the last season to see how God has been faithful. It's such an important thing to do, something I often forget to do, and something that you find continually in the Psalms, the Psalmist looking back and reminding themselves about how God has been faithful in the past. This season has been no exception to that rule with Him showing Himself in powerful ways. I won't go into anything here but encourage you to check out our website, www.koenesministries.com and in particular check out this story. Some of you might remember me sharing about this church in Batacosa. It has been exciting to see not only the church's growth but also how they've have overcome opposition and are now affecting the communities around them.

I'll be boarding a flight in a couple of hours for Phoenix and then take the bus down to San Carlos, leaving behind what has been a cold, rainy stretch. It might be a shock to the system, leaving 11 degrees, the temperature it is here, and going into highs of 35 or 37... Believe it or not, I think I'm ready!

1 comment:

A. Sylv said...

Hey Ryan, Temperatures of 35 degrees sound pretty inviting to me too. What a cold spring we have had. Praying for you - that you will have an amazing summer!