Vida en Mexico

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bienvenidos a Canada

Airports are interesting places. For those who may have the luxury (or curse) of traveling quite frequently for whatever reasons, they may quickly lose their appeal. But for the rest of us, they can be places of transition, not only of moving from one location to another, but of change - of leaving something behind and encountering something new, or maybe returning to something old. I guess I'm not permanently leaving anything behind - I'm just heading back to Canada for a couple of weeks but sitting here in the airport waiting for my flight has left me with time to reflect back on the last three months and on the many blessings that have come my way.

It's hard to believe how fast these last three months have gone. I've come from struggling to return to Mexico to struggling to leave Mexico. There's been times of crazy busyness and times of tranquility. The past couple of weeks have been characterized more by craziness than anything else, getting things ready for groups that are coming in this summer, continuing to connect with pastors and churches, preaching, leading worship, and more. What I've been most thankful though is the new connections that God has given me with different people in the community I live in. There's some awesome youth in the Baptist church that I've been connecting with. My soccer skills (out of necessity) have slowly been improving but also the Spanish is slowly improving as well (of course not fast enough!)

These next couple of weeks will be good as I reconnect with family and friends but by the end of my stay at home I think I'll be ready to return back to San Carlos. And I'll have the privilege of doing so with my brother and his friends as they'll be spending just over a week in Mexico on a grad trip with me in San Carlos.

Thanks for you prayers and I look forward to connecting with many of you over the next two weeks!

No comments: