Vida en Mexico

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Affirmation From Above

Today has been a day of affirmation. When I came back to Mexico, I struggled a bit at first with being here. I wasn't sure if I was ready to return and leave everything back at home. It took about a week of being here to get readjusted to life out here. Once I was settled in and started to get involved in ministry out here, I really started to feel at peace with being here.

And today, God just reaffirmed my ministry here. I was scheduled to lead worship in the English church this morning. There are some times, when preparing to lead worship, that everything seems to come together very clearly and other times when it seems to take a lot more work to get things together. This week in preparation was one of those where God clearly brought everything together, from songs to scripture. Of course, being a doubting human, I entered the service not show how it would all tie together with everything else but sure enough, God had it all planned out and brought together everything as only He could. Following the service, one lady approached me and shared with me how the Scripture read and the songs were exactly what she needed to hear.

Perhaps it wasn't anything huge, but it was one of those mornings where God seemed to speak very clearly, affirming me in where I am and in what I'm doing right now. It's just been one of those spiritually refreshing days for which I thank God for!

No comments: